-
June 3rd, 2006, 09:33 PM
#21
Inactive Member
puts a huge slice in front of Roger *L* hehehe. Yes this cake is very easy to make, but everyone thinks you slaved over making it *L* I so enjoy the reciepes on here they look sooooo dang yummy *g* rubbing my tummy and licking my lips [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dish.gif[/img]
-
June 3rd, 2006, 09:40 PM
#22
Inactive Member
Chicken Paprikash
1 Whole chicken, cut into parts
or boneless chicken breast
1 Pint sour cream
1 Large onion, sliced thick
Vegetable oil
3 Teaspoons paprika
(use ONLY Hungarian Sweet)
Salt and pepper, to taste
? stick of butter or margarine
4 servings
1 hour 33 minutes 15 mins prep
-In a large pot place in enough oil to brown chicken pieces on both sides (only for a few minutes on each side).
-After you browned the chicken add enough water to go over chicken (around an inch over chicken).
Add Salt and Pepper.
-Add in onions.
Bring to a boil then let simmer until chicken in tender and done (around an hour).
-Remove chicken and set aside.
-Add the Butter and Paprika to pot then stir in Sour Cream.
-Place cooked chicken back into pot and cook around 30 minutes more (until you get the thickness of the sauce you like).
Potato Dumplings:
Dumplings
1 potato peeled and grated with hand shredder
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 large egg
about 3/4 to 1 cup milk
Mix grated potato, flour, egg, salt and pepper and milk. Dough will be sticky.
Heat a pot of water. At the boil, make Tablespoon of the dough and drop it into the boiling water. Dumplings are done when they come to the surface, (float to the top)
Cook 1-2 minutes and drain. Add to the paprika sauce.
[img]graemlins/dish.gif[/img]
-
June 6th, 2006, 12:15 AM
#23
HB Forum Owner
oh my gosh!! a recipe for chicken paprikash!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] ya don't see many people posting hungarian based dishes... being hungarian, lol, i could probably post a whole board full just of hungarian recipes... though most people do not like them, as they are not exactly mainstream kinda dishes... [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
June 6th, 2006, 12:33 AM
#24
HB Forum Owner
RA , I know where I can get a Hungarian cookbook. I will start posting Hungarian recipes at my board after I read it and choose what recipes to post.
-
June 6th, 2006, 10:36 AM
#25
Inactive Member
*giggling* beware I am Hungarian and Italian. And much of my cooking centers around my families heritage since I am only a second generation to the US.... [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] And I so enjoy making sweets....so look out waistbands *L* [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
June 6th, 2006, 10:37 AM
#26
Inactive Member
PISTACHIO PUDDING DESSERT
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 lg. box pistachio pudding
2 (12 oz.) container Cool Whip
4 c. miniature marshmallows
1c. chopped walnuts
Pour pineapple into a large bowl. Mix pudding with pineapple. Mix in ? cup chopped walnuts. Add one container of Cool Whip to pudding, nut and pineapple. Add 2 cups of marshmallows to mixture. Mix one container of Cool Whip and 2 cups of marshmallows. Layer with marshmallow mixture then pistachio pudding mix (alternating layers) Making 4 layers. Top with marchino cherries and chopped walnuts.
[img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]
-
June 6th, 2006, 11:18 AM
#27
HB Forum Owner
YUM to that!! lol... and sounds like a good idea about the recipes, pete... [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
-
June 6th, 2006, 12:11 PM
#28
Inactive Member
Quick Chicken Breast and Stuffing and Gravy
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 Package Stove Top Stuffing
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup or Cream of Chicken Soup
? T Dill Weed
2 T Minced Onion
1 Cup Milk or Water
Heat Oven to 350. Lightly grease 9x13 pan. Make Stuffing Mix
According to package directions. Place in greased Pan. Place
Chicken Breast over Stuffing. Mix dill weed, mixed onion,
Soup and milk together. Pour over Chicken Breast.
Bake for one hour. [img]graemlins/dish.gif[/img]
-
June 6th, 2006, 04:44 PM
#29
HB Forum Owner
Hey pickles , Do you want to be a mod at my board ? It's called food and recipes forum.
pete
-
June 6th, 2006, 09:07 PM
#30
Inactive Member
Wow you will have to send me the addy of the board so I can check it out Pete. Flattered but I am not sure what I have to do, if you can explain it to me I would appreciate it. Very flattered you asked. Pickles [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
haven for the fallen
Bookmarks